Harnessing the Power of Social Media (RLS503)Social media platforms and their user demographics are changing constantly. How do we use it to gain a measurable result? Many companies and organizations are using social media, but they don't know whether or not it's working and it's difficult to link revenues, memberships, donations, or expanding markets directly to social media use.
The workshop will include the following learning objectives:
1. To understand the G.A.F. (Google, Amazon.com, Facebook) Principle and how it relates to dramatic global changes in the marketing and public relations.
2. To understand that markets are now conversations and listening to and engaging in conversation is crucial to any marketing initiative. Social media is the tool that allows participation in virtual conversations connecting with unlimited global markets.
3. Learn how to identify core customers and uncover customer needs by engaging in virtual conversations via social media.
4. To understand the basic functions of the top 5 social media platforms and how they help develop a marketing strategy.
5. To review three case studies that demonstrate the processes mentioned above that led to a viral communication and marketing success.
Presenter: Mindie Burgoyne
Schedule: The workshop will be three hours in length, 9 AM - Noon on Wednesday, November 13, 2013.
Location: Potomac State College of WVU, Davis Conference Center, Keyser, WV
Course Cost: $55.00