Main Content

Monitor Your Degree Audit

Student WebAdvisor offers students the opportunity to monitor their progress toward graduation.  Click here to access student WebAdvisor, and select Program Evaluation.

While tracking progress toward graduation, students should also monitor their progress toward transferring.  Completion of an associate’s degree may be beneficial in transferring.  Students may be eligible for guaranteed admission, waiver of application fees, waiver of specific general education requirements, or eligibility for scholarships. 

An example of such a benefit is Towson University which offers guaranteed admission to the university for anyone who has completed an associate’s degree at a Maryland community college.  Completion of the degree does not guarantee admission to competitive, space-limited programs.  Another such benefit is conferred by Frostburg State University.  Any student who graduates with an Associate in Arts or Associates in Science degree or from selected Associates in Applied Science degrees with a 3.0 or higher is automatically awarded a scholarship equivalent to half of the in-state tuition.

Students who do not graduate from ACM prior to transferring should be aware that colleges classify transfer students by the number of college credits completed and their overall grade point average.  To be considered as a transfer student, colleges generally require the completion of between one to 60 credits with most colleges requiring between 24 to 30 credits.  Minimum grade point averages to be admitted as a transfer student generally range from 2.0 to 3.0.  To determine the requirements, students should visit the Transfer College Notes section for requirements of the more popular colleges and universities or visit the transfer college’s admissions webpage.

Students who do not have the minimum number of credits completed will be considered for admission at the freshman level.  Students must supply high school transcripts and SAT or ACT scores.  In most cases, freshman admission is more competitive than for students classified as transfers.

Transfer to Another Community College

Although this information was written for students transferring to four-year colleges or universities, students often elect to transfer to another community college.  They may be relocating, returning home, or looking for an associate degree program that ACM does not offer.  Transfer to a community college generally does not require a particular number of credits to be completed or a specific grade point average but usually involves providing both high school and ACM academic transcripts.  Community colleges may require that half of a degree program’s requirement be completed at that college.  Some two-year colleges may require a minimum grade point average for admissions, especially for out-of-state students.  Courses in which a student earned a D grade may or may not transfer.  In Maryland, community colleges are required to accept courses that ACM identifies as general education.  Developmental credits do not transfer, but the new college may recognize that the student completed developmental courses at ACM.  This especially true for Maryland community colleges.