Financial Aid Procedures For 2012-2013 Academic Year
To further offset your college expenses, we encourage you to apply for financial aid through ACM's financial aid program.
Students should follow these procedures to apply for ACM Financial Aid:
1. Submit the 2012-2013 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students are encouraged to complete the FAFSA on the web at www.fafsa.gov utilizing the IRS Data Retrieval Process (further information about this process is online at www.allegany.edu/finaid/IRS). The ACM Student Financial Aid Office has FAFSA on the Web Worksheets (FOTW) to assist students in completing this on-line application. The worksheets are also available in high school guidance counselor offices'. Students wishing to use a paper FAFSA must call 1-800-4FEDAID to request one. A PDF version of the paper FAFSA can be viewed/printed at www.FederalStudentAid.ed.gov. The completed form can then be mailed to the address provided on the form. The FAFSA School code for ACM is 002057.
Students will need a PIN (personal identification number) to complete and sign the FAFSA on the Web. The PIN serves as the student signature for all educationally related electronic documents. To apply for a PIN, students should visit the following website: www.pin.ed.gov. Parents who are providing information about themselves on the FAFSA will also need to apply for a PIN in order to electronically sign the FAFSA.
2. Students who are selected for the Verification process by the Federal Government will be notified by the ACM Student Financial Aid Office and will also need to submit the following documents to the Office:
- If you did not utilize the IRS Data Retrieval option when completing the FAFSA, we will need an IRS tax transcript. You may request a copy of your transcript by calling 1-800-908-9946 or online at www.irs.gov. WE CAN NO LONGER ACCEPT COPIES OF PERSONAL TAX RETURNS.
- If federal tax returns are not required, submit a 2012-2013 Non-tax filing statement (student and/or parent) available online at Financial Aid Forms. *Must Print, Complete, and Mail to the Student Financial Aid Office.
- 2012-2013 Verification Worksheet - available in the office or online at Financial Aid Forms. * Must Print, Complete, and Mail to the Student Financial Aid Office.
- Final high school grade transcript or copy of GED
- Other documents as requested by the Student Financial Aid Counselors to complete the Verification requirements.
3. Students who are interested in receiving student loans must be enrolled for a minimum of 6 credit hours, must have a completed financial aid file (steps 1 and 2 above), and must electronically submit a Loan Request Form.
A letter explaining the award decision and giving information about the aid offered is sent to each applicant. Students can also view their application status and award status using the College's website service called WebAdvisor.
Your Student Financial Aid file must be complete before August 1 to ensure proper processing of awards in time to charge books in the ACM Bookstore against financial aid awards. Students who do not have complete files before August 1 may be obligated to pay for books with funds other than financial aid.
Files completed after August 1 will be awarded in the order in which they became complete. This includes requests for Student Loans.
A student must apply for financial aid each academic year. However, aid usually continues at the same level each year, unless a student's resources or his/her parents' expected contribution changes. All students receiving aid automatically get information on how to apply for renewal awards. Other students should request applications as early as possible.
Download Financial Aid Procedures For 2012