Students who are interested in attending Allegany College of Maryland are encouraged to complete the financial aid application process by the March 1 priority filing date in order to maximize their financial aid resources. Students who miss the March 1 date can still apply for financial aid.
- 2015-2016 Academic Year - can apply up to June 30, 2016
- 2016-2017 Academic Year - can apply up to June 30, 2017
Your college must have your correct, complete FAFSA by your last day of enrollment in either the 2015-2016 school year or 2016-2017 school year.Follow these simple steps to apply for assistance:
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online.
- Be sure to include ACM's Federal School code (002057).
- Students are encouraged to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to ensure accuracy.
- Students will need an FSA ID to complete and sign the FAFSA on the Web. The FSA ID serves as the student signature for all educationally related electronic documents. To apply for an FSA ID, students should visit the following website: https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
- Parents who are providing information about themselves on the FAFSA will also need to apply for an FSA ID in order to electronically sign the FAFSA.
- For steps on how to create an FSA ID, click here.
Important: Students must be admitted to ACM and have a Social Security Number (SSN) on file with Admissions before ACM can receive your FAFSA results.
- Monitor your Allegany College student email account for the next steps to complete the financial aid process. Click here to view information regarding the Student Communication Policy.
- Logon to your Student Web Advisor account and print, complete and return any requested documents that are found under 'My Documents.'
- We strongly encourage you to apply for Scholarships available online.
An official Award Notification Letter explaining the award decision and the aid offered is sent to each applicant. Students can also view their awards using the College's website service called WebAdvisor. All notification of scholarship awards will be done by the ACM Foundation Office.
Students who are selected for the Verification process by the Federal Government will be notified by the ACM Student Financial Aid Office through their student e-mail account and may need to provide additional documentation.
Students who are interested in receiving student loans must be enrolled for a minimum of 6 credit hours and must have a completed financial aid file (steps 1 and 2 above). Students must also complete the Loan Acceptance Form which will be included in the Award Notification Packet. All first time borrowers at ACM will need to logon to www.studentloans.gov and complete Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note.
Your Student Financial Aid file should be complete before August 1 to ensure proper processing of awards in time to charge books in the ACM Bookstore against financial aid awards. Students who do not have complete files before August 1 may be obligated to pay for books with funds other than financial aid. Files completed after August 1 will be awarded in the order in which they became complete. For those students living in Willowbrook Woods, your financial aid file should be complete by July 1 to ensure proper processing.