PRECAUTIONS and ACTIONS that HELP PREVENT and REDUCE the POSSIBILITY of CRIME and VIOLENT BEHAVIOR on CAMPUS
Campus Security: 5555 on campus and 301-784-5555 off campus
Dean of Student Development: 5206 on campus and 301-784-5206 off campus
Crisis Counselor: 5368 on campus and 301-784-5368 off campus
Switchboard: 5000 on campus and 301-784-5000 off campus
- Safety is a shared responsibility-faculty, staff and students.
- Immediately report suspicious persons or activities to Campus Security or Police.
- Keep Dean of Student Development, Crisis Counselor and Campus Security aware of any personal relationship problems that have the potential to lead to violence.
- If there is someone in the College community that you know who is emotionally distressed, let the Crisis Counselor or appropriate college staff know so that counseling or other help can be arranged for the person.
- If you know of an off campus situation involving a member of the College community that could spill over on campus, inform the Dean of Student Development or Campus Security.
- Any threats of violence or indications of violent behavior, regardless of how insignificant they may appear, need to be reported to Campus Security or the Dean of Student Development.
- Firearms and other weapons/ammunition are NOT permitted on the Allegany College of Maryland campus without the permission of the College President, if you become aware of firearms and other weapons/ammunition on campus report this information to Campus Security or the Police.
- Report safety or any other security concerns to Campus Security.
- Notify Campus Security if you are going to be in a campus building outside normal business hours.
- If you are uncomfortable or suspicious, get an escort from Campus Security to and from your vehicle if arriving or departing when the campus is unpopulated.
- Keep personal property secure at all times if not on your person.
- Watch out for others and encourage them to practice prevention and take action to prevent crime or violent behavior on campus.
- Watch bulletin boards and check with www.allegany.edu for immediate information and/or safety warnings. If the College (or parts of the College) is closed for safety reasons, an announcement will be made on local radio stations and the College switchboard/information center.
- Know how to get immediate help in an emergency.